Types of data collected
Among the types of personal data that this newsletter collects, by itself or through Mail Chimp, there are: email address, first name and last name.
Personal data may be freely provided by the user, or, in case of usage data, collected automatically when using this application.
Unless specified otherwise, all data requested by this newsletter is mandatory and failure to provide this data may make it impossible for this newsletter to provide its services. In cases where this newsletter specifically states that some data is not mandatory, users are free not to communicate with this data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the service.
Methods of processing
The owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the data.
The data processing is carried out using computers and Mail Chimp, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the owner, in some cases, the data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this newsletter (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as data processors by the owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested form the owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The owner may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes
- provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the owner is subject
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the owner
- processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by the owner or by a third party
In any case, the owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The data is processed at the owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Personal data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have bene collected for. Therefore:
- personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the owner and the user shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed
- personal data collected for the purposes of the owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the owner.
The owner may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the owner may be obligated to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
The purposes of processing
The data concerning the user is collected to allow the owner to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: contacting the user.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific personal data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Detailed information of the processing of personal data
Personal data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- contacting the user
The rights of users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their data processed by the owner.
In particular, users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by the owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of the data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, the owner will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from the owner.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the user’s consent.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Additional information about data collection and processing
The user’s personal data may be used for legal purposes by the owner in court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this newsletter or the related services.
The user declares to be aware that the owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
If users wish to unsubscribe and opt-out of future communications from Yogi Roth’s Life Without Limits newsletter, unsubscribe.
Effective August 2018.